Forum Discussion

12 years ago

TC6 Detecting text inside Tray Notifications

Hello Smartbear,

Just a little background, I am currently using TestComplete 6(i understand it is fairly old), object that we are trying to manipulate:

Tray Notifications like this: Tray Notification 'Bubble'

Now my problem is; I am trying to verify a tray notification popup containing a specific error message is displayed, now when using the 'Map Object From Screen' tool, it is unable to differentiate from our application and other applications notifications specifically, the code returned/generated is always:

Sys.Process("Explorer").Window("tooltips_class32", "", 1)

And there is no way to gain 100% confidence that interference through other applications notifications will validate a false 'pass'.

Let me provide an example of the intended test case:

-Our Application registers an error and presents a Tray Notification containing a specific error message

-TestComplete 6 finds this message and validates the error message as what it should be

-Test Completed (sorry for the pun)

however currently, again, currently there is no way (that i know of) that i can distinctively say that that Tray Notification should be in "X Y Z" structure and the origin/trigger was our application not something else (like Java Updates etc).

Could i request some help from some knowledge champions?

On a side note (will greatly appreciate this), does the latest (TestComplete 9) version contain more specific control over TestComplete 6's functionality for this? In which it will add more reason to upgrade.

Cheers,

Maiz
No RepliesBe the first to reply