Forum Discussion

Rishav
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Some of objects are not visible during object spy . How to stabilise it.

Hi frnds,..

I am using object spy for my project. Some of the objects are not visible. Is there any other way that I could find them?

thanks 

Rishav KR

3 Replies

• Is it impossible to make the objects visible? If not I'd just get the program into a state where the object is visible and then object spy it.

If the object is never visible you'll have to manually find it in the Object Browser. It can be a real pain, but if you know what the object should look like (i.e. it's properties/methods) it should be doable. If you know the invisible object is a child of another visible object it's easiest to object spy the nearest parent object of the invisible object then search through the children objects to find what you're looking for.

I've only really had this issue with things like date pickers (where there's a calendar drop-down to select a date from). Usually the calendar disappears if you click off screen, so it's impossible to object spy it. I just object spy whatever visible object I know contains the calendar date picker and then it's fairly simple to see the calendar date picker object.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Can you give us a specific example?  Sometimes there are project settings that need to be enabled before certain object types are visible.

Rishav
      Occasional Contributor

Actually I did'nt get the tabpane inside a popup . What do I need to do for it? As well as navigator drop down