Forum Discussion

fmendes
Contributor
13 years ago

Sharing TestedApps

I have an application suite with a number of modules and on my test suite I have a test project for each module. I need to create a TestApps file for each module eventhough they all launch the same application, the problem is now I have to change the application path and I have to go through each one of the modules and change the application and command lines. I tried to add the TestedApps as an exsitent item from another project (the same way I would share a script) but it doesn't let me. What is the best way I could accomplish this task, sharing the TestedApps with all my modules within the Test Suite?

Thanks.

1 Reply

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Luis,

A possible solution is to store your modules' path to some environment variable and then, use this variable to specify the path to the tested applications in your TestComplete project.

To specify an environment variable in a tested app path, enclose this variable into percent characters: %MyEnvVar%.

You can store only some common part of the paths to the variable and use paths like %MyEnvVar%/ModuleA, %MyEnvVar%/ModuleB, etc. for your tested applications.