Forum Discussion

bhakti
Contributor
9 years ago

script of machine i not getting executed on other machine

We have been provided with two tetcomplete licenses. (node locked)

We have installed it on two machines.

IE 11 and IE 8 are installed repectively on the machines. Script running on one  machine (IE 8) is not getting executed on Other machine (IE 11)

Objects  are not getting iddentified.

Error : object doe not exsit

Please help 

Regars,

Bhakti

7 Replies

• Hi bhakti,

It seems that you are using NameMapping do identify the components of the application. Am I right?

If so, you could one of the following:

1 - Make sure you get just one page(instance) of the application open. It's ALWAYS a good idea to have just 1 instance of the app open;

2 - I suggest you to record an action, a click(for example) on any component which are not being identified by TC and check the differences between the their Mapping;

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

william_roe
      Super Contributor

2 - I suggest you to record an action, a click(for example) on any component which are not being identified by TC and check the differences between the their Mapping;

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

This is always the first thing we do. I'll often find a frame is somehow different and needs a wildcard to work. We are not testing two version of IE so I don't know if this applies. We are testing two applications which share the same NameMapping and found the wildcards very benificial. Hope this helps.

leandroaraujoso
        Contributor

Could you send a screenshot of the error message, showing the element that was not identified and also a screenshot of the DOM of the element in the browser?

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Sopuza