Forum Discussion

MW_Didata
Regular Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Save full testlog from just 1 test

So for my testing i have a test that says it's good and the test after that fails. however i can't seem to find the problem why that test fails.

My project does not save the log if the test is passed (only 10 actions back from a fail).

I want to save the test log of just the test before that (I think it fails there). is there a way to do this?

• I found that when posting a warning it also saves the steps (amount given in project properties) from just before that warning. I will leave the warning in there for a few days untill the problem comes up again.

6 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What is the test doing that is failing?

Are you running your tests through TestComplete/TestExecute/SessionCreator?

MW_Didata
      Regular Contributor

Through sessioncreator, the test processes payment after the invoice is made, then in the next test it processes a different invoice for the same costumer but on screen I can see that the last one is still in the window. (it souldn't be). I can't recreate the problem when running the tests on it's own.

So i just want to watch the logs for the last test to see if all the info is entered, and find the problem.

EDIT: also it's an intermittent problem, it only happens every few days

The thing that fails is btnProcess is disabled which it should be because the amount is wrong

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Do you use the parameter /ExportSummary in SessionCreator? This will export test results. 

MW_Didata
      Regular Contributor

No, i read the logs within Testcomplete the next day, the tests are run mostly at night.

Exporting the logs would not be an option for is within our situation as every project within the Projectsuite has it's own sessioncreator command.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

/ExportSummary would be good to use, just so that you can see the steps your automation is performing, to diagnose any issues. Without it, it's going to be difficult.

MW_Didata
      Regular Contributor

I found that when posting a warning it also saves the steps (amount given in project properties) from just before that warning. I will leave the warning in there for a few days untill the problem comes up again.