Forum Discussion

michal_klimek
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Running tests from TestExecute

Hi,

I tried to run web-based test created with using TestComplete tool in TestExecute tool. TestExecute can run browser but can't execute further steps, such as go to http address given in test script and others. The same situation is in case of trying to run sample test from sample project in folder '...\TestComplete 9 Samples\Web Testing\Dialogs Sample'.

What to do to be able run these tests in TestExecute?

In installed extensions I have checked all items as well as in script extensions. What can be wrong in my configuration?

My OS: Windows Server 2008 R2.

TestExecute version: 9.20.2460.11

Regards,

Michal
  • Hi Michal,

> TestExecute [...] can't execute further steps [...]

It might help if you provide more info about what does the above means. Does TestExecute crashes? Do errors get posted to the test log? What errors and for what script line? What browser is used for testing?

BTW, the latest version of TestComplete/TestExecute is 9.31 and it contains a lot of improvements in the field of web testing and cross-browser testing.

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Michal,

> TestExecute [...] can't execute further steps [...]

It might help if you provide more info about what does the above means. Does TestExecute crashes? Do errors get posted to the test log? What errors and for what script line? What browser is used for testing?

BTW, the latest version of TestComplete/TestExecute is 9.31 and it contains a lot of improvements in the field of web testing and cross-browser testing.
    michal_klimek
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

> It might help if you provide more info about what does the above means. Does TestExecute crashes? Do errors get posted to the test log? What errors and for what script line? What browser is used for testing?

We have several tests which we can run in TestComplete, but in TestExecute are problems.  I tried to run dummy test like this but even it fails:

function Test(){

try{

Log.Message("Logging test.");//this is OK in logs

Browsers.Item(btFirefox).Run();//this is OK in logs

Sys.Process("firefox").Page("*").ToUrl("http://www.smartbear.com");//this is not OK. In logs I got additional information: "The Process("firefox") does not contain Page("*")."

}

catch(e){

Log.Error("Error: "+e.description);

}  

}

In logs I got such results:

I will try to update TestExecute to ver. 9.31 and repeat this test.

Regards,

Michal
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Michal,

> We have several tests which we can run in TestComplete, but in TestExecute are problems.

Have you checked that you have FireFox extension installed and enabled for TestExecute?

The case is that TestComplete and TestExecute extensions are independent from each other and must be configured separately.

Also check that your version of FireFox is supported by the TestExecute version you are using. You may have to download updated FireFox extension from here: http://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/firefox-patches/
    michal_klimek
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for help. When TestExecute was upgraded to ver. 9.31 everything works fine.

Regards,

Michal