Forum Discussion

Kateryna
Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Run tests without connected monitor

Hello,

I have a question. In my company we have a server room where all day and all night run automatic tests using TestExecute.

Now we have lack of monitors and monitor which TestExecute uses will be gone. How can I run tests without connected monitor to my computer? Because when I do that (using Task Scheduler) all my tests fail. The error is "Object does not exist..."

I will appreciate your help,

Thank you,

Kateryna

• Hello Kateryna,

I suggest that you use Remote Desktop to connect to your test machine and, thus, run your tests as described here.

4 Replies

aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Kateryna,

I suggest that you use Remote Desktop to connect to your test machine and, thus, run your tests as described here.

aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Kateryna,

Your test fails, because TestComplete does not run in an interactive session on your machine, not because the machine is not connected to a monitor. To avoid it, you can keep your user session alive when TestComplete is run, i.e. enable the Run only when user is logged on option in your task. You can also run TestComplete when the machine is locked, see the Running Tests on Locked Computers article.

• How can I be logged if I have no monitor? When I enable the option "Run whether user is logged on or not" and enter user name and password, tests still don't work properly. Everything works except places where TestComplete needs to interact with display.