Forum Discussion

JyothiNagaram
Occasional Contributor
11 months ago

page object in the browser is not visible and it is causing in running my script

7 Replies

KB1
    Champion Level 2

Objects that are "greyed out" have the Visible property set to false.  So, they are present in memory, but not visible.  The option "search for visible objects first" does not apply to viewing within the object browser but only with regards to runtime object identification.

What playback errors are you getting?  You may need to add additional logic to detect if an object is Visible before attempting to interact with it

JyothiNagaram
      Occasional Contributor

Intermittent behaviour is seen. I am using Testcomplete version:15.51.4.7 and I am trying the open webpages in the chrome and edge, pages are greyed out and on restarting my system seem to fix. Unable to understand , how to fix it when this occurs. How to make page visible to interact with it

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I am using Testcomplete version:15.51.4.7

Versions 15.50 and 15.51 of TestComplete had significant problems with web testing.

Try to upgrade to 15.52 which seems to have these problems to be resolved. If it does not help, then try to downgrade to version 15.49. (Unless you need to use browsers that are not supported by 15.49)

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What exactly are you trying to do? What browser are you performing your tests on? What version of TestComplete and Edge/Chrome are you using?

JyothiNagaram
      Occasional Contributor

I am trying to record the action on the webpages in the browser but couldnt perform as the pages seem to greyed out. I couldnt either record the new script neither able to execute the existing script , this behavior seem to be intermittent.

version of testcomplete:15.51.4.7

chrome:114.0.5735.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

edge:114.0.5735.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

In Chrome, I've opened 5 tabs. When I look at the Object Browser, I can see tabs 1 - 4 are not visible and are greyed-out. However, tab 0 is visible. This is expected behaviour.