Menu item is recognized as the whole panel and therefore I have difficulties clicking the correct po
We develop an app that has menu items (File,Home,Insert,Settings,View,Help) when using the object spy to identify all menu items except from the File one it'll identify them all properly marking the area where the menu item name is but, when trying to do the same with the File menu TestComplete will mark the whole panel in red and not only the area where the text (File) is, that is a problem because if i want to saelect this menu item usinf the Click() method then it'll click somewhere on the panel and not on the text, i tried using coordinates (I don't like it as it's not as reliable) but it failed when running the script on a remote machine. Is there a way to dril down this DevExp control and ask TestComplete to click on the File tab exactly and not using coordinates?
When recording a click on the control that's what Testcomplete generates - Aliases.Editor.Editor_Root_Window.MainWindowRibbonControl.Click(30, 48);
When selecting for example the Insert menu item that what I see in the code - Aliases.Editor.Editor_Root_Window.MainWindowRibbonControl.RibbonMenuControls.RibbonControlInsert.Click(35, 16);
See attached .
Yes it was resolved by using this way:
- Open the Object Spy and try recognizing the File tab. You will get some other parent object.
- Take the value of the property ClrFullClassName of this object.
- Navigate to Tools -> Current Project Properties -> Open Applications -> WPF.
- Add a new row to the Composite Objects list and paste the ClrFullClassName value there. Enable this new row.
- Try recognizing the File tab again.
- Repeat the above steps until you get to the File tab.