Forum Discussion

mengbinhao
Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

Can not recognize target desktop app

Hi there:

TC can not recognize my target desktop app which is developed by Qt5.15.2. Lots of properties are displayed as "Error no such interface supported" (Please see the screenshot), so I can not uniquely identify the object those I need. Is there anything that I can do on the TC side to resolve this problem?   or anything on the target app side, like changing the compile way or something else to fix this problem?

Please give me some guidance, Thanks in advance.

• Read through Handle Dynamic Identifiers or ask your developers if it's possible to insert ID's for each UI control.

Also, you can use Windows Snipping Tool, to capture your screenshot and post it!

10 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Was it working before? What has changed? What version of TC are you using?

mengbinhao
      Contributor

This is my first time I have used TC recognize Qt application,  The version of TC is 15.40

mengbinhao
      Contributor

This is my first time I have used TC recognize Qt application,  The version of TC is 15.40

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What UI control are you spying on, list box, edit box, custom control, third party control ?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

TC is able to identify your UI object (such as 'QtObject("QLabel", "Hz", 4)'), but not all property values will be shown for the object - most likely due to the object not exposing its properties.

The developers may not have created an "ID" for each of your UI objects, which can be tricky to identify. You will have to either use the window index value, or see if there's any other property values that uniquely identifies the UI object.

mengbinhao
      Contributor

I have tried window index value of Qt controls for uniquely identifies UI objects , but the index is dynamically generated,  It seems no any unique properties than I can use for identifying UI object,  Lots of current properties after I edit for identifying showed popup as below,  So now what I can do is recognizing the parent of my target controls or parent's parent of my target controls for meet my requirement

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Read through Handle Dynamic Identifiers or ask your developers if it's possible to insert ID's for each UI control.

Also, you can use Windows Snipping Tool, to capture your screenshot and post it!