Forum Discussion

mesg2anil
Regular Contributor
13 years ago

Issues with TC 8.60

Hi,

We have downloaded TC 8.60 and installed the file successfully.

We are facing issue as below...

1. While typing the text in the text field, sometimes it will type the text too slow and sometimes it types fast. Typing the text fast is fine but too slow is delaying the script execution.

2. Sometimes TC 8.60 is taking long time to click on the object, which is resulting script failure.

I've attached the project playback properties for your reference.

Could you please help us resolve this issue at the earliest.

4 Replies

mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Hi,

Can someone look into the issue and suggest us the solution at the earliest please?
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Unless you specifically need to use the keyboard for data entry, I would actually suggest avoiding using the keys method with Internet Explorer testing.  Use SetText instead or explicitly set the Text or wText property of the field.

As noted in this thread (http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=74984993-d132-4c6e-b601-5deafbc09816), SmartBear is aware of the problem and, if you submit a support request, there may be a patch available.

frankl
    Occasional Contributor
    The patch did not fix the Keys performance issue for me. Check with support though, perhaps it will work properly for you. If it does, please report back on this thread.
    mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Robert / Frank,

Well the issue go resolved...!!

After upgrading to TC8.60, the speed of entering the text in the text filed was deadly slow...

I was just going through the Option window under Tools. Under Engines => Recording => "Record text input into simple editors as:" was to to "SetText". I just changed it to "Keys" and ran the script, the speed increased as it use to be before.

Discovered it on my own...!! :P

Thanks a lot for all the support and help!