Forum Discussion

todd_james
Contributor
11 years ago

Host Machine Verification - Unable to create a user session on the remote computer.

Currently I have a physical machine set up acting as the host for running our projects remotely which is working as expected. As more test projects come online, I want to set up multiple hyper-v machines to run the suites using distributed testing.

However, I am running into an error verifying the machines. I get the a verification failure message: Unable to create a user session on the remote computer.

I have triple checked everything in this link:

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56621/

Master is running TestComplete 10.10.752.7,  slave is running 10.10.752.11

There are no firewalls between the computer but I did confirm that the ports are the same and accessible.

Remote desktop is set up correctly for connections and the user account has access. If I am logged into the remote machine and try to verify it, the verification process does log me off so I know it is reaching the machine.

I have verified that the TestComplete Service is running on both machines as well as the NetworkSuite extension is installed.

I have tried reinstalling TestExecute on the hyper-v. On the master project I have tried recreating the NetworkSuite item as well as the host items. On the slave machine, I have verified that the base path exists and the account has full control of the folder

I'm out of ideas on how to make this work on these additional machines.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2 Replies

• I was able to figure out what was giving me problems when trying to verify the host machine so in case anyone else runs into this issue, here is what I changed.

There are two settings in the local group policy that I needed to change.

The one indicated in this link was already set to disabled:

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/63050/

However,  'Always prompt for password upon connection' listed under:

Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | Remote Desktop Services | Remote Desktop Session Host | Security was enabled. When I changed this to disabled I was able to successfully verify the host.
  • I'm having the same issue and I too followed all the steps in the article.