Forum Discussion

vivekmit
Occasional Contributor
19 days ago

HELP!!!TestComplete not able to recognize the TreeView for a Desktop Application.

Hello All,

I am recently using TestComplete to automate some manual work in my desktop application. Recently i am facing issue when trying to record a dockable window having a tree of folders and components. I have attached the figures of the dockable window for reference.

I just need TestComplete to recognize the tree view of the dockable window so that i can customize the scripts for opening the corresponding components in the dockable window.My current sripts are just having mouse click command when selecting the items on the tree. However , in the same application, test complete can recognize tree views in other layout section but not in the dockable section.

Can anyone of the experts help how i can get the tree view of this dockable window and also i am adding pictures of the scripts and object browser of the window. I couldnt located any tree view or click item methods in the object browswer. Appreciate if anyone can help me on how to proceed.

11 Replies

angelisavas
    Occasional Contributor

In your Project>Properties>Open Applications>WPF screen as above, if you add the ClrFullClassName of the object that you want to have a tree view of, then you should be able to display all the children of that property type.

vivekmit
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, I tried add as mentioned but still no luck and the scripts are generate with just mouse click commands and no TreeView List items . 

angelisavas
      Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure if this would help either but my List of accepted windows shows as above, perhaps that's where you need the window type.

vivekmit
      Occasional Contributor

I got the same like yours . Also i have added WindowForm* to it as well under UI Automation.

rraghvani
      Champion Level 3

Enable the first item in the list i.e. the asterix.