Forum Discussion

ceslav23
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Getting "The object does not exist." errors for all objects when test script is started from local m

Hi there, I am trying to figure out the best practice to run test scripts on remote machine for our desktop applications (Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation). I installed TestComplet...
    2 years ago

On my VM, I also use a PowerShell script to launch either,

Start-Process 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 15\x64\Bin\TestExecute.exe' -ArgumentList """C:\Sandbox\TestComplete\ALS\ALS.pjs"" /run /exit /DoNotShowLog -Wait | Out-Null

Or

& 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 15\x64\Bin\SessionCreator.exe' RunTest /UserName:***** /password:***** /UseActiveSession /ScreenResolution:"1920*1080" /ProjectPath:"C:\Sandbox\TestComplete\ALS\ALS.pjs" | Out-Null

If I’m logged onto the VM, I’ll use the first command to run the automation. Otherwise, I’ll use the second command, together with tscon (which disconnects me from the VM, but my session remains active). The VM can not be locked, otherwise it won’t have a GUI.

I have a Task Schedular set, to run the PowerShell script, which I can invoke manually.

Note, the commands used in the PowerShell script i.e. Start-Process and &. These are important, because the PowerShell script won't exit, until the automation has finished (it's not running in a seperate process)