Forum Discussion

ANW
Contributor
14 years ago

Firefox 3.6.16 suddenly not showing as an OpenApp in TC

My TC8.20 got stuck (again) during a test run this morning, and I had to kill the TC process in task manager. After restarting TC, I got an error that all my WebTestting licenses had been used, and it then deactivated it in TC.

I got the plugin reactivated, and so far testing is runnign fine in IE browser. But when I open Firefox 3.6.16, I can no longer see the Page object, and it is acting as if the browser is not OpenApp.

Anyone know why it would be doing this?? .. and more importantly, how to fix it??

I have tried restarting TC and even restarting my PC. But nothing seems to help.

Edit: Baahh ... I needed to install the Firefox support plugin as well.

2 Replies

ANW
    Contributor
    Apparently when it deactivates the WebTesting plugin, it deactivates all three: Web Testing, Firefox Support and Web Checkpoints
  • Hello Anders,

You are right: the Firefox Support and Web Checkpoints plug-ins require that the Web Testing plug-in be enabled.

My TC8.20 got stuck (again) during a test run this morning, and I had to kill the TC process in task manager. 

Have you already reported this problem to Support? Unfortunately, I have not found the corresponding support case in our database. When the problem appears again, please collect technical information about the problem by following the steps below:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx

and install it.

2. When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\Dump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\Dump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Correct the dump file name in the above command line (for example, change it to Dump2.dmp), wait for two minutes and execute the command again.

4. Repeat step 3.

5. Send us all of the generated dump files.