Forum Discussion

Ravik
Super Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

DataDriven Test using OpenOffice/Office Starter 2010

We are using TestComplete 8.0 and we want to do DataDriven testing, but we don't have MS Office, so instead to MS Office we are using Open Office and Office Started 2010. Actual problem is - while we record and run our test it will support for Office Starter 2010 but when we move for scripting (VBScript) it's throws exception. could you please help us how we can solve issue in script. we did script like below - is there any alternative for work with OpenOffice or Office Starter 2010.

1- Sub ExcelTry

Set Exo = CreateObject("Excel.Application")--(Error throws)

Exo.visible = true

Set wbo = exo.OpenWorkbooks("D:\Test.xls")

'Set wso =

End Sub

2- Sub ex

Dim Excel

Set Excel = Sys.OleObject("Excel.Application")-(Error throw)

Excel.Visible = True

End Sub

• Hi Ravi,

Office Starter does not support automation. Please check here for answer and here for Infos about the CLSID.

Sincerely

4 Replies

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Ravi,

I have not used OpenOffice and Office Starter... Just googled it and found the following result.

What is Office Starter?

Office Starter consists of Word Starter and Excel Starter only, reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel with advertising. It does not contain Microsoft PowerPoint, OneNote, or Outlook.

Coming back to your question ,

Can you please try the below code:

Sub ExcelTry

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

Set objWorkbook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\Test.xls")

End Sub

simon_glet
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Ravi,

Office Starter does not support automation. Please check here for answer and here for Infos about the CLSID.

Sincerely
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ravi,

If Office Starter allows saving documents to the *.xls format, you can try accessing it by using a way TestComplete provides for usual Excel files. The ACE driver installation may be required.

Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Hi Tanya, I have download and install AccessDatabase.exe on my PC and try to run code I am getting error, please view attached snap.