Forum Discussion

mehashah
Contributor
12 years ago

'Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (Integer)' error in TestComplete

Why I am getting 'Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (Integer)' error message when saving keyword test.

I couldn't even close TestComplete without saving changes. This is really frustrating and would appreciate any immediate help.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Meha,

As far as I know, you've contacted our Support. Could you please send them the information they requested to investigate the issue?

stabrizi
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya, Could you please post the solution to this tread to help us all facing same issue?  Similarly, Within Keyword test, when I add Mouse Drag I get the same error.  TestComplete app can not get out of this error, then only way out is to restart testcomplete and start from scratch discarding all changes.

TestComplete rev 9

Testing on Flex Web built using Flashbuilder 4.7

Thanks,

-Sean
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sean,

Each situation should be considered individually. Could you please collect some additional information on your computer that can shed some light on the problem you faced and send it to the TestComplete Support team? Here are the steps to collect the information:

1. Run the Report Generator tool located in <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe.

2. Select the "Launch/attach to TestComplete" option.

3. Reproduce the problem.

4. Click the "Generate..." button in the Report Generator tool and save the report to a local folder.

Before following the steps, please make sure that you are using the latest TestComplete version - v. 9.20.