Forum Discussion

sastowe
Super Contributor
13 years ago

contacting SmartBear support

So support, I have a problem. I submitted an issue that TC is crashing my application under test. Kinda a significant drag. I sumbitted a support request. I have not received a reply email with a ticket number. I have another crash that I could profile that may give you more info. But there is no way for me to get it to you. I don't want to confuse your issue tracking system with anothe rticket.

Please advise.

S

PS. The response time out of support is pretty poor IMO. If our software company replied that slowly, our customers would drop us like hot rocks.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    When you go through the Support portal, after you initially submit the request, you get an intervening page where you need to click one more button to actually finish the submission process.  See the screenshot attached.

If you don't click the additional "Submit Query" button on that page, your request doesn't actually get submitted.

Please retry and make sure that you've completed the process of that intermediate page.

As for their response time, once a query is submitted, I have yet to have an issue that I have not actually heard from a real live person within 24 hours.
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    You're not the first one to get caught by that, Stephanie.  You're in good company, actually. :-)

(guilty as charged)