Forum Discussion

kkdavid
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

ClickItem Action not available in other projects

I have a project (e.g. ProjectA) where in I can select this specific item in a combo box object using the ClickItem action. However ClickItem action is not available in my other projects even if I am selecting the same combo box object in ProjectA.

How can I have the ClickItem object in my other projects? Any idea?

5 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Kristine,

Most likely, there are several objects that match the same mapping criteria in the projects you mentioned. So, TestComplete uses the first found object that matches the mapping criteria, and this is not the check box that was found in Project A. That's why, the found object may not contain the ClickItem method.

So, to resolve the problem, please configure the name mapping scheme in all other projects in the same way as it is configured in Project A. For more information, please refer to the Name Mapping - Overview help topic.

kkdavid
    Occasional Contributor
    Name mapping was not enabled in my test projects. After check a while ago, it seems that it is dependent on the machine on where I created the project.

Currently I have used three machines:

1. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with Test Complete Enterprise Edition

2. Windows 2003 EE 32 bit with trial license of test complete

3. Windows XP Pro 32 bit with trial license of Test Complete

In projects created using machine 1, all my combo box has no ClickItem. However on projects created in machine 2 and 3, all combo box has ClickItem action. Can you further explain why the behavior is like that?
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Kristine,

I'm practically sure that this behavior isn't connected with the operating system installed on the machine.

Most likely, there are some settings (for the combo box control) that are specified in Project A and aren't specified in other projects. For example, make sure that the Object Mapping options for the control you are working with are the same in all projects.

kkdavid
    Occasional Contributor
    Object mapping options for the different projects are the same.
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Kristine,

To help us investigate the problem, please contact our Support Team and send them:

1. The name of the control that causes the described behavior.

2. Two projects that they can use to reproduce the situation. In other words, please send them the code of Project A (the project that has the ClickItem action) and any of the projects that doesn't have this action.

3. A sample application with the described control (if it's possible).

Thanks.