Forum Discussion

sankar_k
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Clarification on FindAllChildrenMethod

Hi There

I am trying to automate a .net application using Testcomplete.  I am refering one of the frame in the application as follows

Set calc = Sys.Process("Client").WinFormsObject("MainFrame").WinFormsObject("LoginBrowserControl").WinFormsObject("loginParameters1").WinFormsObject("loginGroupWrapper")

Set calc = NameMapping.Sys.Client.MainFrame.LoginBrowserControl.loginParameters1.loginGroupWrapper

Both reference works and I am able to print properties as follows

Log.Message(calc.WndCaption)

Log.Message(calc.WndClass)

However, I am trying to apply FindAllChildrenMethod it throws an error "Object Required". I have gone through the documents and am not able to find what am missing here. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Sankar
  • Hi Sankar,

The FindAllChildren method searches for an object by its identification properties. For example, you could find the loginGroupWrapper object in the following way:

Dim logCntrl, PropArray, ValuesArray, calc

Set logCntrl = Sys.Process("Client").WinFormsObject("MainFrame").WinFormsObject("LoginBrowserControl")

PropArray = Array("WndClass", "WndCaption")

ValuesArray = Array("<Value of WndClass>", "<Value of WndCaption>")

calc = logCntrl.FindAllChildren(PropArray, ValuesArray, 5)

If UBound(calc)>= 0 Then

End If

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Sankar,

The FindAllChildren method searches for an object by its identification properties. For example, you could find the loginGroupWrapper object in the following way:

Dim logCntrl, PropArray, ValuesArray, calc

Set logCntrl = Sys.Process("Client").WinFormsObject("MainFrame").WinFormsObject("LoginBrowserControl")

PropArray = Array("WndClass", "WndCaption")

ValuesArray = Array("<Value of WndClass>", "<Value of WndCaption>")

calc = logCntrl.FindAllChildren(PropArray, ValuesArray, 5)

If UBound(calc)>= 0 Then

End If