Forum Discussion

Philip_Baird
Community Expert
11 years ago
Solved

Cannot share User Forms between Projects?

Hi, In a Test Suite, I have two Projects, ProjectA and ProjectB.

In ProjectA, I have a simple form, UserForm1, with a button and textbox and the following code in a Script Unit, UserForm1.sj, that starts the form and handles the button click:

function startForm() {

UserForms.UserForm1.ShowModal();

}

function UserForm1_cxButton1_OnClick(Sender)

{

var form = UserForms.UserForm1;

form.cxTextEdit1.Text = "abc";

}

This works fine in ProjectA, however, if I add the form UserForm1, and the Script Unit UserForm1.sj to ProjectB via "Add | Existing Item..." from ProjectA, the button click fails with the following error:

"Unable to execute the "OnClick" event of the "cxButton1" object. The "UserForm1_cxButton1_OnClick" method cannot be found or it has an invalid number of parameters."

I have tried a number of combinations of forms, including sharing between Projects in different Test Suites, and always end up with the error.

Is this a limitation in Test Complete that User Forms cannot be shared between Projects?

Regards,

Phil Baird

• Hi Phil,

This is a limitation of user forms - associated events cannot be shared among projects. We have a suggestion in our database to make it possible - I've increased its rating. Thank you.

Currently, you can make your forms with event handlers available to all projects if you add them to a script extension instead of sharing them.

Refer to the "Script Extensions" and "Using Forms in Script Extensions" articles for more information.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Phil,

This is a limitation of user forms - associated events cannot be shared among projects. We have a suggestion in our database to make it possible - I've increased its rating. Thank you.

Currently, you can make your forms with event handlers available to all projects if you add them to a script extension instead of sharing them.

Refer to the "Script Extensions" and "Using Forms in Script Extensions" articles for more information.