Forum Discussion

dhundley
Regular Contributor
7 months ago
Solved

BrowserWindow is available but Page is not

When i look at my credentials page in the Object Browser under the Browser("chrome") i can see two children. the first is Page(<url>) and the second is BrowserWindow(0). as you can see in the image posted below, BrowserWindow(0) is enabled but Page (for some reason) appears to be disabled and that is where the elements that i need to interact with are located. i can find them using the FindChild method and write their property values to the log but it won't let me perform any actions on or to them. it returns an error with the message "The tested window (or control) has been deleted". Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong here. and yes, i do have the smartbear extension installed.

• That's weird, I wonder if it's an issue with the latest version of TC!?

Are you able to install TC v15.55.53.7?

33 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere on the documentation, that TC is not able to access or interact with protected resources i.e. a login screen that requires user authentication such as Microsoft/Outlook

Also, with the latest version of Edge and Chrome, I now have to insert our test website URL in 

So that basic authentication works. Otherwise the browser throws a message which stop my automation, because the VM is not on the same domain. 

After browser v114, there's been many changes that have cause my scripts to fail, and it's difficult to know whether it's relating to TC or the Browser 🤕

dhundley
      Regular Contributor

i tried your suggestion of adding my site to the Insecure content area. it made no difference. thanks for trying, though! i appreciate it.

dhundley
      Regular Contributor

ok. here is another interesting caveat regarding this issue. let me know if this behavior rings any bells with anyone.

i bring up my browser based app in chrome on my laptop screen and in the object browser of test complete the Page object is grayed out/disabled. 

then i simply drag the chrome browser window over to one of my attached monitors, refresh the object browser and now the page is enabled

both monitors have the same display resolution (1920x1080). has anyone ever seen anything like that before within test complete?

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

What happens if you refresh the browser without dragging it to another monitor?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

I'll check next time I'm back in the office, as I have dual monitors, but I have never noticed this before!

I do remember someone had reported TC not working with a high resolution on a wide screen monitor. 

dhundley
      Regular Contributor

not that it should necessarily make any difference but my workstation set up is my Dell laptop plus two additional Dell monitors connected via a Dell docking station. Let me know if you need anything more specific than that (model numbers, etc)?