Forum Discussion

mcstlmn
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

how to clear a username on TC - Keybased licensing

I've logged into TC, checked off Keybased licensing, used my userid.
i want to use a different userid now on this same system.

every time i open it, it remembers the 1st person.

how can this be cleared?

• no worries on this one.

i see where we can log out.  thus allowing another userid to log in.

5 Replies

mcstlmn
    Occasional Contributor

we have a generic service account that is used to log into our VMs.  close to 100 boxes use this generic account.
    It is not associated with any email address for the company.

So, when logging into the VM, the generic account is used.  No @company.com name is used.
    when use the old license server, not an issue.  we got a TC/TE license from our local server.

with the Key-Based licensing i can not create an account as there is no email address to email the invite to.

I understand that i can generate an API key from the user profile dropdown in the upper right corner.
    is that associated with MY account?  links to my username when i created it?

can i not use a username "generic-acct"  and assign it to the different modules?  TD Desktop, TC platform, etc.

• Hi mcstlmn!

Just to clear any confusion, are you sure you have a Key based license?

Our new SmartBear Licenses are ID (email) based, as opposed to the previous HASP-Key based licenses.  

If you are using the new ID based SLM licenses unfortunately you will need to have an email address to assign them to inside of TestComplete. 

To better help getting you going, I would recommend to reach out to the sales person assigned to your account so that they may assist you with getting your licenses setup, and/or create a support ticket as well. 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/message/?prod=TestComplete

mcstlmn
    Occasional Contributor

no worries on this one.

i see where we can log out.  thus allowing another userid to log in.

• Thanks for letting us know you have a solution! I was wondering if that might be what you were looking for. 

Have a good one and happy testing!