Forum Discussion

nandini9
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

getting Runtime error '398' client site not available

Hi Community,

I am working on desktop VB application. Initially I've built scripts on testcomplete 12.60 using Javascript. Now, client asked us to migrate the scripts to testcomplete 14. So, when I import the scripts to testcomplete 14 and execute them, I see some properties got missing/changed. And also I can see a runtime error '398' Client Site Not Available. And again when I run in TC 12.60, it works fine. Can anyone tell what is the resolution for these?

Regards,

Nandini.

• Name has always been a separate property.  NativeVBObject is an object itself which probably has it's own "Name" property.  So, this shouldn't be a problem.  Are you getting errors in identifying the objects or is that still working?  you can still map the object using NativeVBObject... it's still there on the screen, you just need to select it and select the NAme property of that object.

As for the error... that's not a TestComplete error, that's an error coming from your application under test.  You need to investigate that with your team.

As as ide note, the regular "Name" property should not be used as an identifying propery... it bypasses NameMapping entirely.  

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What properties are missing/changed?  Are you talking about configuration options under Tools | Options?  Or are they items within the test cases?  At what point in your code/test do you get the error?

nandini9
      Occasional Contributor

Hi tristaanogre,

1. I am talking about object properties while doing NameMapping.

I used a property name:NativeVBObject.Name in Testcomplete 12.60 version as its a unique property for my object. When I upgraded to TC14, I see NativeVBObject and Name as two seperate properties.

2.Regarding the error 398, when I execute the script, the application is launched and able to login and after that I am getting the runtime error immediately and not able to proceed further.

Please refer the screenshots attached.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Name has always been a separate property.  NativeVBObject is an object itself which probably has it's own "Name" property.  So, this shouldn't be a problem.  Are you getting errors in identifying the objects or is that still working?  you can still map the object using NativeVBObject... it's still there on the screen, you just need to select it and select the NAme property of that object.

As for the error... that's not a TestComplete error, that's an error coming from your application under test.  You need to investigate that with your team.

As as ide note, the regular "Name" property should not be used as an identifying propery... it bypasses NameMapping entirely.