Ask a Question

VCL Objects detected as Window objects

francisd84
Occasional Contributor

VCL Objects detected as Window objects

I found some old posts about VCL Objects detected as Window objects in TestComplete but they are from old versions of TC (like 10).  I'm using 15.45

The tested applications are compiled using C++ Builder.

The problem is, when I start my application, TC sees all application's objects as Windows objects

francisd84_0-1668180848258.png

This is not really handful when I want to add new tests and the windows aren't detected correctly.

But the test is defined to find VCL objects using "FindEx", "Find" and "FindAll" methods.  So as soon as I run at least one defined test and it needs to find a VCLObject, the magic happens, now all objects are seen as VCL ones.

francisd84_1-1668181109043.png

Even if I let both TC and app opened for a while or even refreshing the Object Browser, it didn't change anything

What could be the root cause this detection issue?  I can workaround it like described here but if I can get rid of this, it would be great.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
parkern56
New Contributor

I am also encountering this issue. Dont know why its hapenning.

MyCenturaHealth Patient Portal

Thanks,

Take a look at the requirements for C++ Builder here and make sure you have implemented everything.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/desktop/delphi/preparing/vcl.html

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: