Forum Discussion

Adagio
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Userform control properties - font size issues

Hello,

I've build a userform with a few controls and labels on it. I don't have any issues with the way it's functioning, but I have to change the size of the fonts using the properties. After I changes the size of the controls and the font size using the properties, I found out that after Triggering the Test, the control or font size still remain unchanged. Is it a bug in the tool or am I doing something incorrect here. Attached snapshot has before(development phase) and after (Test Run phase) stages. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Abhi

• Hello,

I got an update from TestComplete support, and got to know that they have fixed this issue in the latest version of Testcomplete.

I upgraded my TestComplete version and It seems the whole problem with Userform font is resolved.

Thank you for looking at this thread and providing inputs. I really appreciate it.

Thank you

Abhi

11 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Does your test include a step to change the properties?  That wasn't clear to me.

Adagio
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Marsha,

No, I'm not setting properties in the scripts. I've set the property at the component level thru the property panel already, and was expecting to see that being reflected on the form while I was running the test.

Thank you

Abhi

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

If you make the change to the user form and then go out of TC and come back in, do you still see your change in the user form?

dmiscannon
    Frequent Contributor

The screenshot you attached shows the properties of the text box containing the text "USERFORM". Do you have any other controls on the user form? The screenshot doesn't show any. We would need to see the properties of those controls.

SanderK
    Occasional Contributor

Let's get a few things straight here. You're showing a screenshot of the Delphi IDE, but you blame TestComplete for your issues. After applying the changes, have you rebuilt you application before testing it? Does the label have the correct font size etc. if you open the app without running a test?

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

SanderK wrote:

Let's get a few things straight here. You're showing a screenshot of the Delphi IDE, but you blame TestComplete for your issues. After applying the changes, have you rebuilt you application before testing it? Does the label have the correct font size etc. if you open the app without running a test?

Actually, SanderK, this isn't the DelphiIDE that he has screenshots of.  TestComplete has a feature where you can build forms within your test project that can be triggered and shown for user interaction with the test in progress.  This is the problem that Adagio is working on.

SanderK
        Occasional Contributor

My bad, it is indeed the user forms editor. I hadn't discovered that feature yet. Interesting to see though it has to be based on Embarcadero technology.