Forum Discussion

Natasha_2012
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Unable to spy or select an infragistic treeview item on window 10, TC12

running my script on my new computer to window 10, I counter an issue that I cannot spy any tree item inside TreeView of Infragistics.Win.UtraWinTree.UltraTree, nfragistics.Win.UtraWinGrid 

My script was working fine on Window  window 7. Have talked to our dev, there was nothing different from their perspective.

For example (of course I cannot spy on the tree item anymore on window 10, I use object browser and object map tree to get the folderA object below.  Refer to the attachement for my Object browser tree and object Map)

Set folderA = Aliases.NVivo.NVivo11_MainScreen.MainNavigationPanel.dockableWindow12.navigationControl.navigationUltraExplorerBar.ultraExplorerBarContainerControl1.sourcesUltraTree.Internals.Area_and_Township

Call folderA.Click()

=> Error "There was an attempt to perform an action at point (74, 10) which is transparent or out of the window bounds"

I try another way:

Set folderObj = Aliases.NVivo.NVivo11_MainScreen.MainNavigationPanel.dockableWindow12.navigationControl.navigationUltraExplorerBar.ultraExplorerBarContainerControl1.sourcesUltraTree
  Call folderObj.ItemClick("|Internals|Interviews")

=> ErrorUnable to find the object ItemClick("|Internals|Interviews"). See Additional Information for details."

Natasha_2012
    8 years ago

Hi All

Thanks heaps for all your replies.  One of my work colleagues in here has figured out the issue.  My Set custom scaling level is scaling up to 250% and my screen resolution is 3840*2160

Now Set custom scaling level is setting at 100% and my screen resolution is 1920*1080, it is working fine

9 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What it sounds like is that the plugin for the control is either not installed or not active on your new machine.

On that machine, go to File | Install Extensions.  Expand the Common group and make sure that the plugin is present and selected.  See screenshot:

Natasha_2012
      Contributor

No, it is not.  I have checked all this before. 😪

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

So, is it not checked?  Or is it not present?  If it's not checked, that's easy. :)  If it's not present, not exactly hard, but a bit more involved.  You need to re-run the TestComplete installer and select "modify" and make sure you select that plug in.

All machines that intend to run these scripts need to make sure this is done.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Wow, that's just weird. Something to note for my bag of tricks.