Forum Discussion

Syed
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Unable to recognize windowform object in dotnet application

Hi,

I am working on dotnet standalone application, where in it is unable to uniquely identify each object within the panel.

Please find the attachment which contains 3 buttons inside a grid/panel . we are able to identify grid/panel but unable to identify the buttons individually.

Please let us know the solution.

Thanks,

Syed

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Use object spy on the grid box and then look in Advanced properties for something that might hold an index to the three buttons.  It will probably be one of the entries with the ... drill down box on the right.

When you find out that index, you'll be able to use ClickItem or something similar to click the three buttons.

Syed
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Marsha . I did try that but couldnt find index property other solution was calculating dimension of the entire grid and dividing into 3 parts and clicking on respective buttons(This isnt a right approach though).

Thanks,

Syed Azhar Farooq

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Syed,

> [...] couldnt find index property [...]

Check if the Object Browser uses Advanced but not Basic view mode (http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/71396/)

> other solution was calculating dimension of the entire grid and dividing into 3 parts and clicking on respective buttons

Sounds like an acceptable solution if nothing else works... (though is quite strange, I would say, but might be)