Forum Discussion

vivientmy
New Contributor
9 years ago

Unable to navigate to the page at Chrome

Hi,

I have created one keyword tests in my google chrome few days ago, and I can run the test successfully for few times.

Today I re-open the keyword tests project again and try to run it, but it fails in the first step.

The error log shown "Unable to navigate to the <link> page.

The additional info is:

Process ID: 5160

Process Command Line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"

Info: Cannot find any existing or open blank page. 

Aliases.browser

Now i try to create a new keyword test for this using my chrome too.
When I start to record new test, an error box shows on left top, the error shows "The test engine does not have access to internal objects, methods and properties of the page open in Chrome. Check whether TestComplete Chrome Extension is installed and enabled."

But my extension is installed well. May I know what problem is this?

Thank you.

14 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I would start from two quick checks:

1) Version of TestComplete and Chrome. TestComplete version prior to 11.10 cannot work with Chrome version 45 and higher;

2) Is Chrome allowed to run as a background process? If it is, this must be disabled because in this case the Chrome process exists in the system but it does not have Page child and this might cause problems like yours (I have something similair but did not investigate it in details yet).

Does this help?

vivientmy
      New Contributor

Nope. :(

1. My TestComplete version is 11.0.644.7 (not prior to 11.10) and my Chrome version is 45.0.2454.85

2. I just disable my Chrome to run as background process, and try to run again, but it still the same.

Hope there is other solution. 

Thanks so much.

baxatob
        Community Hero
        11.0 is prior to 11.1 :)
        You should downgrade your Chrome or update TC.
    mfoster711
    Regular Contributor

I am having the same problem. Just started this morning.