Forum Discussion

kelvinqa
New Contributor
3 years ago

Testcomplete treats Chrome as a process instead of a browser.

Object Spy is working fine for some time but after I hover on a web page that contains a pdf preview issue occurs. 
Here's the image:

This happens after I use the 'Object Spy' feature.

it should look the same as Edge:

How to solve this issue? 

Thanks.

6 Replies

• Hi kelvinqa,

I've seen this from time to time when running many Chrome windows between test sessions, or changing the User Profile in between as well. 

A little trick I have to fully reset Chrome is to kill all the processes running from a CLI. Try running the command below and this can help to remove all the running processes and allow TC to get back control of the browser. 

Kill all Chrome processes;

taskkill /F /IM chrome.exe

kelvinqa
      New Contributor

Hi npaisley,

I always kill Chrome processes every start of the test but still issue occurs.

• Hi kelvinqa!

This could be related to an issue with the Chrome extension being installed/setup. You can follow the document below to verify setup of the TestComplete extension for Chrome;

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome.html

If everything is setup according to the document above, I would suggest a reboot of your computer to see if TC will be able to spy inside of Chrome properly. 

I hope this helps!

kelvinqa
      New Contributor

yes I did follow this setup. for a while I could spy the object but after some time it will turn to windows object.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

What is the version of TC and Chrome?

Chrome higher than 99 is not yet supported by TC 15.40.