Forum Discussion

Subbulakshmi
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

Test Complete Report generation using Jenkins

Hi,

I have added TestComplete plugin for Jenkins(Localhost:8080) and am able to execute properly. But when I try to share mht file of that report using xunit plugin for Test complete, I am getting below error 

Processing TestComplete-11.x-12.x
15:47:41 [xUnit] [INFO] - [TestComplete-11.x-12.x] - No test report file(s) were found with the pattern '\*.mht' relative to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Test Complete Trial' for the testing framework 'TestComplete-11.x-12.x'. Did you enter a pattern relative to the correct directory? Did you generate the result report(s) for 'TestComplete-11.x-12.x'?
15:47:41 [xUnit] [ERROR] - No test reports found for the metric 'TestComplete' with the resolved pattern '\*.mht'. Configuration error?.

The mht file is there in project workspace. But when I give pattern as \*.mht, I am getting error. 

Could you please help me.  

6 Replies

shankar_r
    Community Hero

The mht file is there in project workspace. But when I give pattern as \*.mht, I am getting error. 

Jenkins is a java environment, you have to give the your pattern like below.

/*.mht

Subbulakshmi
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have added TestComplete plugin for Jenkins(Localhost:8080) and am able to execute properly. But when I try to share mht file of that report using xunit plugin for Test complete, I am getting below error 

Processing TestComplete-11.x-12.x
    15:47:41 [xUnit] [INFO] - [TestComplete-11.x-12.x] - No test report file(s) were found with the pattern '\*.mht' relative to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\Test Complete Trial' for the testing framework 'TestComplete-11.x-12.x'.  Did you enter a pattern relative to the correct directory?  Did you generate the result report(s) for 'TestComplete-11.x-12.x'?
    15:47:41 [xUnit] [ERROR] - No test reports found for the metric 'TestComplete' with the resolved pattern '\*.mht'. Configuration error?.

Could you please help me.  

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

I'm not familiar with Jenkins... but how are you generating the mht file?  Are you including this in the command line?  Or is this a bit of script code that is executing at the end of the test?  The error message basically tells me that, in the indicated path, there's not an MHT file created... which means either no file is created OR it is created, but in some other external path.

So...

1) What is creating the MHT?

2) Where is it being put?

And this can be answered by understanding more about your test project and where the MHT file is being generated.

Subbulakshmi
    Frequent Contributor

Hi shankar_r

I am not able to find mht file in project workspace. It is there in Jenkins/jobs/project/ folder. In that, for each build the number changes. Do you know how to take the latest build log file. 

shankar_r
      Community Hero

If you click on each build number you can view by clicking TestComplete Test Results