Forum Discussion

tinauser
Frequent Contributor
13 years ago

Tc memory conflict

hi there,

I used successfully TC for testing our application.

I did just few minor improvements and refactoring and I updated TC.

Now I have a strange error (stating that the application could not access the memory because it was not "read"): for some of mine project (appearing as I have to close the application); the strange thing is, this error occurs only if the project is run as item of the project suite (i.e., if I am running the suite containing the project X, but not if I run the project X alone). i guess that when closing the application, it operates on the temp folder.

Has anyone any guess?

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Lorenzo

5 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi  Lorenzo,

Please do the following and provide me with the results:

1. Create a new project suite and add the mentioned project to this suite. Does the problem remain?

the strange thing is, this error occurs only if the project is run as item of the project suite

Does this project suite contain any other project that is running along with the mentioned one, or there is only one project executed when you run a project suite?

3. Post here the amount of RAM that is used by TestComplete and by your application when the problem occurs.

Thanks.

tinauser
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi, thanks for the answer.

The Project was running alone (actually, I was not aware you can run more projects at the same time...how do you do that?)

(Un)fortunately i can not reproduce the error today.

Two things has changed in the environment:

1. Windows made all the updates it wanted to do

2. There wa sa name conflict on the net which was solved.

I also thought it might have been a RAM problem; if the error occurs again, I will test what you suggested.

Thanks again

L
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi  Lorenzo,

I'm glad that the problem has gone :)

I was not aware you can run more projects at the same time...how do you do that?

Sorry for confusing you, not at the same time, but in turn. For this purpose, you can use the Test Items page of the Project Suite editor. On this page, you can specify the sequence of projects that will be executed when you run a project suite.

tinauser
    Frequent Contributor
    Ah, sorry i didn´t get what you meant.

Anyhow, the Project Suite had more projects (the error occurred always in the first project, except once).

how does this make a difference? Resource consumption?
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi  Lorenzo,

How does this make a difference? Resource consumption?

I'm not sure, but our developers say that adding more projects to a project suite can make a difference. Anyway, such problems are usually specific to the project suite's structure, project's code or to the tested application.

So, if you will be able to reproduce the problem in future, please let me know. Thanks :)