Forum Discussion

s5h
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Script Extensions - Plug in name Conflict

I am using the Script Extension functionality in TestComplete to call scripts from a library we have created. 

So in Tools>Options>Script Extensions I have added the folder that contains my .tcx file. I then go to File>Install Script Extensions and I get a list of my library items. 

Question:  When I uncheck or remove the folder under Tools>Options>Script Extensions, when I go back to File>Install Script Extensions my library items should not be visible right?

I am now getting an error when I open my project and also when I try to reload the updated scriptextension  of "Plug-in name Conflict" 

I think it is because the library items remain in File>Install Script Extensions 

Anybody any ideas?

• Hi Siobhan,

I suppose, this is because the folder containing files for the script extension and the tcx file have the same name in the <TestComplete 9>\Bin\Extensions\ScriptExtensions. Rename the folder or move it to another location.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Siobhan,

I suppose, this is because the folder containing files for the script extension and the tcx file have the same name in the <TestComplete 9>\Bin\Extensions\ScriptExtensions. Rename the folder or move it to another location.

s5h
    Contributor
    Thanks Tanya

Yes I deleted the .tcx file in <TestComplete 9>\Bin\Extensions\ScriptExtensions and solved my issued 

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Siobhan,

Actually, the .tcx file contains your script extension. Are you sure that you can call the function from the extension?