Forum Discussion

jinithlal
Contributor
7 years ago

TC latest upgrade not identifying images in the application

After the upgrade to TC 12.42 controls such as the images in the application is not getting identified by the tool. It was working in the previous versions.

11 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

How is your application built? What browser are you using? More information from you will be helpful in determining what's happening.

• thanks for helping.

Application is developed using AngularJS.

I am using Chrome version 63 browser. Issue is with Internet Explorer too, I verified with IE11 after seeing issue with Chrome.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of the Object Browser with your application open showing the list of objects available?

• Please find the object tree screenshot attached

Before the update the image was identified as below (fullname).

Sys.Browser("chrome").Page("https://***").Panel("main").Panel("EHost").Panel(0).Panel("wrapper").Panel("contentdetails").Panel("page_content_wrapper").Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(1).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel("stepBlock").Panel("printSection").Panel(41).Panel(0).Panel("SimpleDataGridBuildingBlock2").Image("add_icon_png")

Now the object is not visible in the tree, and unable to capture by the object spy.

thanks in advance.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Can you give a screenshot of the application under test and highlight the problem item?

jinithlal
        Contributor

Sorry for the delay, I won't be able to share the screenshot of the application.

did some research and found that the application is using Sprite image instead of image files. this is the change from the earlier working version.