Forum Discussion

georgereynolds
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Specific modal not found in Firefox when keyword test executes (TC 12.)

I have a specific dialogue which doesn't identify when running in Firefox (I have tried both 48 and 49 and loaded all patches). I am using TC 12.0. This is causing quite an issue, as I am unable to click yes/no as in the screenshot -so my tests stall and then fail.

If I change to Chrome then it will work fine and clicks the "Yes" button.

I can verify the button in both in name mapping and in the individual step in the keyword test and it "highlights" it fine, with the red box.

However when the test runs, it falls over and does not click the button.

I've tried using object spy and object browser and that corectly identifies the button (with the graphic) and I've mapped it from there also from scratch.

Note that I have blanked out the logos below.

I just wanted to add that similar dialogues with different text but the same Yes/No options elsewhere in the web application also behave the same. I know this did work previously as all my tests were passing.

6 Replies

georgereynolds
      Occasional Contributor

I have just tried it again and it has started working.. albeit with ambiguous recognition.

I since removed 'Full Name' and replaced with 'BaseURL' below:

baxatob
        Community Hero

This is because "FullName" value contains a reference to the concrete browser ("Firefox" in your case). And when you run another type of browser, it fails.

You can use wildcards and conditional name mapping to make your aliases more flexible to different application conditions.