Forum Discussion

sijinthomas
Contributor
2 years ago

Path to be updated After every successful builds

I am trying to run automated tests on our nightly builds and right now I am specified the path in the build machine where testcomplete is installed.The path need to change when there is a new build creates. Is there any way testcomplete can be configured to take the build path automatically after every successful builds after running the pipeline instead of specifying it in the testcomplete..

7 Replies

sijinthomas
      Contributor

When I am triggering the build pipeline,it will create an solution file(.sln). After it's execution it will automatically trigger the release pipeline,It will create the setup file of my application. I want to test my application after the installer creation by using the testcomplete test cases. Currently I have specified the static path of the installer. After every success running of release pipeline it will create a new installer with new vesion.Everytime the folder name is updated with new version. My problem is, I want to choose the latest installer in the latest folder(the folder name is updated with folder name every time) when I am triggering the pipeline.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Are you using Jenkins or Azure or some other tool?

• How to automate the path of the Tested Application path in Azure Devops, If I want to change the application path automatically when there is a new build available

sijinthomas
      Contributor

I have pushed the my folder and files to Azure Repo. Inside that there is a file called TestedApps.tcTAs ,inside this file I have specified the path of installer. I want to update this path automatically when there is new installer created in another folder with updated version number. How can I do that? Is it possible to do with the help any varibles?