Forum Discussion

poffin
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Object Spy images are blank black boxes

I've been using TC to test my application for a little over a year now. I switched setups and recently installed testcomplete on a computer that I remote into. The problem is that the object spy is having issues with taking images of the objects. Instead of showing me pictures of the objects, I see black boxes (but the proportions are correct). This problem only occurs for my tested application, not any others that I've tried. Interestingly, if I right-click and select "update from screen" the image refreshes and is accurate. We have multiple PCs for running testcomplete, but this is the only one to have this issue, every other instance of testcomplete can see my application just fine.

Has anyone come across this problem, or have any ideas what might be causing it?

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Yes.... that is what the object looks like currently... because your copy of TestComplete is obscuring it. :)

Been like that for a number of years now.

poffin
      Occasional Contributor

That might be true if testcomplete were overlayed on top of my application, but it is not! I also just tested it with the notepad application covered up by testcomplete and it had its object images displayed just fine.