Forum Discussion

dcfecker
Contributor
7 years ago

Object Spy does not identify all objects

I've got an object within my application that Object Spy/Object Browser is unable to map to.

It's a standard WPF SurfaceButton (I have several other Surface Buttons that all work just fine)

I've attached an image of the parent object. The slider bar is mapped and usable, and the dropdown box is also mapped and usable. But the "Default" button is not mapped at all. 

Is there a way to "retry" object browsing/mapping to capture this button?

6 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

What does your full object tree look like around where you would expect to see the button? 

It's possible that it might be hidden beneath some invisible panel or something like that. 

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Can you give us a screenshot of how that parent object shows up in the object browser?  Please include all "Advanced" properties and a view of the actual tree where that parent object "lives".  It's possible that this object isn't exactly the same as your other surface buttons and the Object Browser will expose that.

dcfecker
      Contributor

I can do one better, here's the "Snoop" object browser with the button object visible. And here's the requested "Advanced Object Browser" snip. Do you actually want all the .NET properties too?

If you compare the two methods of viewing the object. Snoop clearly IDs all of what TestComplete does, and more.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Very interesting.  Might be worth sending off to the SmartBear support team.  It looks like this button is perhaps of some class that is not recognized for some reason.  Try sending them a report request directly.