Forum Discussion

todd_james
Contributor
9 years ago

Network Suite Job with multiple tasks not running consistently

Hello,

I have a project that runs a series of tests using distributed testing with multiple computers.

There is a job set up that has two tasks. Each task runs the same suite of tests but runs the suite on a different computer.

If I run this job from within TestComplete it runs successfully (ie it runs the suite on both computers simultaneously)

We also schedule this job to run using a batch job and the following command:

TestExecute.exe Script.pjs /p:Project /tNetworkSuite|Jobs|JobName|JobName /run /SilentMode  /exit 

When running the job using the command prompt and TestExecute, the results are flaky. Some runs finish without problems. Other runs give error messages in the log:

"The operation cannot be performed because the user session is disconnected."

If I run the batch job to kick off the run again it normally runs successfully. I thought at first that it might be a timeout issue but looking at the runs that failed, it doesn't seem to be happening at the same time in the run (ie after 15 minutes.) One run will be okay under 25 minutes in, another will give the message closer to 45. Nothing is consistent with when the message is showing up.

What is also weird is that it will continue to perform activities on the remote PC. In the included picture, after the error message, it still parses an install log on the workstation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this consistency issue?

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Todd_james,

First of all, please refer to the "Message - The operation cannot be performed, because the user session is disconnected." (http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/76914/) help topic to lean about situations when you can get this error and how to resolve this.

If this doesn’t help, please make sure that you use the same version of TestComplete and TestExecute on your slave machines.

todd_james
      Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Yes I have gone through that document and I am using the same version on all machines. I just find it interesting that the run will complete without the error message and then when it runs again (with no changes to the computer) it will fail with that error message midway through the run.

I'll have to do a bit more investigating to see why this might be occuring.