Forum Discussion

Egg
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Login using Test Complete Keyword test

Hello, I wanna question How I create 'web site login test' using Test Complete Keyword test. 

I tried below steps.. 

1. I recorded Login test using keyword test on a website. (error: zero-sized window. (In my opinion current Test Complete couldn't find Username window. I thought that problem comes from remembered website ID&password. So I wonder How do I handle remembered ID and password.or any other needed solution.. )  )

2. I was create variables Username and password. and I setup 'test setup' value: variable. 

Thank you, ... 

• 1) It is considered best practice to save values like id and pw in variables in case they need to be changed later. You can change the variable value in one place instead of one or many places in the code.
    2) If you use the Password type for a variable, it will be encrypted and not automatically visible to everyone.
  • Using the box to login will also prove that the server can be accessed. If it was me I wouldn't do both.

9 Replies

Egg
      Frequent Contributor

Thank your fast answer! 

I remove remembered web site's ID&PW, and rerecorded Login process. and I succeded. 

Next, I made variables ID&PW. and I set value connect to variables. 

I just do that, but I don't understand variables purpose of use. 

Please Can you explain me about the variable's purpose in Login test's ? 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3
        1) It is considered best practice to save values like id and pw in variables in case they need to be changed later. You can change the variable value in one place instead of one or many places in the code.
        2) If you use the Password type for a variable, it will be encrypted and not automatically visible to everyone.