Forum Discussion

3 Replies

gevans
    Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to test a desktop application using the TestComplete plugin for Jenkins. It seems as though when it tries to launch, it checks for expired testing modules, and prompts me that the Web Testing feature has expired. I'm not planning on using the Web or Mobile Web features for my particular application, and I can't seem to find a way to disable this check as I don't receive this prompt when I launch TestComplete manually. Is there a setting in the TestComplete application where I can disable these feature checks? The console log from Jenkins is attached below.

"[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -1.
    [TestComplete] [WARNING] Error: You are using a time-limited license for the 'Web Testing' feature and it has expired.."

cunderw
      Community Hero

On Test Complete on your Jenkins Slave machine: File>Install Extension. Uncheck web. 

gevans
        Occasional Contributor

Worked for me. Had to have someone log into our service account which is how Jenkins connects to the node and apply the fix there which is why it wasn't appearing for me initially when I logged on to that node manually.