Forum Discussion

hlalumiere
Regular Contributor
12 years ago

Issues with TC9 that make some of my tests extremely hard to debug.

• The window is disabled. The action cannot be executed.

This a completely bogus message. The window is NOT disabled, it's visible, and I can interact with it. Yet TestComplete cannot see it. I mostly get these errors upon .Maximize, .SetFocus, or .Activate. To prove to myself it was not the tested application that was acting weird, .Maximize on the Window object did not work, but Win32API.ShowWindow MyForm.Handle, Win32Api.SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED works fine. So the issue is clearly with the TestComplete wrapper, since the Win32 API works fine without error.

• The window is invisible, and thus cannot be activated.

Again, completely bogus. The window's .Visible and .VisibleOnScreen are both True, and TC9 even takes a snapshot of the window alive and well. Moreover, I get this on .Activate, but the next statement executed upon that same window works just fine.

Is there an ETA on the next 9.0 build? And is there a list of changes and corrections we can read anywhere? Imagine having to run a test that is about 2500 lines of code, and takes approximately an hour and a half to complete fully. Now imagine this is the 7th time you try to run it just today because TestComplete just randomly messes it up for no reason at all, and you cannot get ONE clean run throughout. This is how my mood is right now.

We pay thousands of dollars for a testing instrument, I expect it to be fully calibrated and functional. Or at least I expect to know when it will be in the near future. I do not expect to have to contend with these issues, particularily when the previous version was behaving properly in these particular aspects.

Hugo Lalumiere

No RepliesBe the first to reply