Forum Discussion

syedsafvan
Contributor
15 years ago

Issue with Support Site

Hello AQA support,

Didn't know where to ask about this so am writing here. :-(

I am trying to post on the support site but the site keeps failing after I click submit button every time. Faced this for probably 100 times!

Internal Server Error

We're sorry, there was an error.

A notification has been sent to our administrator.

Thankyou

7 Replies

• Hi Ahmed,

That's quite strange as we receive a lot of requests via the form, and you're the first to report such a problem. Please try providing data only for the required fields and check whether this helps. If it does not, please post a screenshot demonstrating the data you entered here.

• Allen,

Please have a look into the attached screenshots.

This post is a reply to a request that I raised earlier. David suggested me to send back the AQtime profiling report. The file size is some 107 kb. 

Thankyou

• Hi Ahmed,

It looks like you forgot to post the attachments.

BTW, if the message is supposed to be sent as a reply to an existing support request, you can just reply to the corresponding e-mail message sent by our team (I guess, you mean the M0067177 support case), and there is no need to create a new support case.

• Allen,

Extremely sorry about that.Very silly I forgot to attach! I am attaching them with this post.

And about mailing back; Replying to the mail was my first option send the response and I did that about 3 times yesterday and they all got bounced. I tried to send once more now after reading your last response it still got bounced! 

And my request issue number is M0068086 as in the subject line.

Bounced Mail:

Your message did not reach
    some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    RE:
    [Issue# M0068086] Web Submission - VB 6.0 Application crashes after some time

Sent: 1/8/2010
    6:19 PM

The
    following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'AutomatedQA Support' on 1/8/2010 6:19 PM

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for Support@AutomatedQA.com

• Hi Ahmed,

Thanks, I've forwarded the Event View file to David. Please continue working on the problem with him via e-mail. The error message you get when you try to reply to us from your e-mail client is caused by your local network settings. I strongly recommend that you contact your network administrator regarding this. Most probably, the behavior is caused by the fact that the syed.safvan@careanyware.com e-mail address is not allowed to send messages to the automatedqa.com domain due to your mail server's settings.

As for the submission form problem, we have not reproduced it yet, but we will continue working on it. I will let you know our results as soon as we have some.

• Hi Ahmed,

It looks like the problem you have faced was caused by the fact that you tried to insert some quoted text with tags in the message text box, and the content's validation failed. Here is a part of the problematic string which was present in the error log:

...ed Safvan <syed.safvan@careany...

We will continue investigating the problem and consider changing the relevant behavior. Anyway, I recommend that you insert only plain text in the submission form when you create a new support case.