Forum Discussion

MarcusBengtsson
Frequent Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

IF .. then else issue

Hello! So I am having this problem with If .. Then and else

I am trying to make it so that IF this Testtemplatedetails exists it will run the steps below. But if it doesnt exist it should run else.

When I execute the steps it will jump down the the else part instantly. Ive checked with highlight that the "Testtemplatedetails" exists, which it does. So why does it skip it?

• I'm not sure but it looks like in your If statement the 2nd condition is a string value.

Also sould it not be "IF : 'Aliases.etc.etc.Exists EQAULS True'" ?

• You have the following alias defined as Aliases.browser.TestTemplateDetails

If you want to check if the object exists, then use the keyword "If Object" followed by as Aliases.browser.TestTemplateDetails = Exists.

If you want to check a property of the object that exists, then use the keyword "If...Then" followed by Aliases.browser.TestTemplateDetails.Exists = True.

Note, the Value

11 Replies

MW_Didata
    Regular Contributor

I'm not sure but it looks like in your If statement the 2nd condition is a string value.

Also sould it not be "IF : 'Aliases.etc.etc.Exists EQAULS True'" ?

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Youre a bloody genious, thank you! When I changed to value1 .Exists at the end it worked!

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You have the following alias defined as Aliases.browser.TestTemplateDetails

If you want to check if the object exists, then use the keyword "If Object" followed by as Aliases.browser.TestTemplateDetails = Exists.

If you want to check a property of the object that exists, then use the keyword "If...Then" followed by Aliases.browser.TestTemplateDetails.Exists = True.

Note, the Value

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

But the thing is, when I did the "If Object" it searched for it, didnt find it. Failed the test.. Without continue further. Any settings needed to be changed to make this work? It worked with If .. Then. 

MW_Didata
    Regular Contributor

This test checks if an object exists and changes a Variable to false

Under else it set the variable to True

This works for me 

EDIT: for clarity, if the object does not exist then it just does the else condition, No error will be posted if the object does not exist, can you post e screenshot of how its configured now?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Where in your keyword test, is it failing? And what is the error log?

MarcusBengtsson
      Frequent Contributor

Hmm weidly enought it seems to be working again? I dont even know why or how. Will continue the testing, thanks for the help today guys!

MW_Didata
        Regular Contributor

No problem, make sure to test the else condition aswell when the object does not exist