Forum Discussion

matthew_morgan
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Chrome v38 compatibility

I am having some problems with web testing on Chrome v38.  Any idea if/when a patch will be coming out for it?

I am aware that we should not be auto-upgrading, but we are still getting up off the ground and not all of my servers are normalized yet.

The issue is that the object spy/object browser incorrectly identifies the location of the controls (image attached).

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Matt,

It looks as if the zoom in your browser isn't set to 100%. Please check this.

matthew_morgan
    Occasional Contributor
    The zoom is set to 100%.  I am having this same problem on two different systems.

What is a bit confusing is that I upgraded to 10.40 and that did correct this issue, but resulted in some problems finding controls within the web pages, so I had to go back.  I am currently looking into where I can find an installer for Chrome v37 so I can get some forward momentum.
    matthew_morgan
    Occasional Contributor
    We have found that if we go into compatibility mode (F11), the issue is no longer encountered.
    maximojo
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,

What do you mean by pressing F11 puts Chrome in compatibility mode? For me that makes Chrome goto full screen mode.
    matthew_morgan
    Occasional Contributor
    Sorry, this is what I get for typing faster than I think.

F12 was the key I meant; and "opening developers tools" is the actual actions (thus doubly ensuring confusion based on my previous statement).

We are using emulation from the developer tools to check the compatibility of our site with mobile devices (thus my confusion).