Forum Discussion

abidnaziri
New Contributor
3 years ago

Chrome not detected as a browser object

When I try to access chrome while one of my projects is open, I can access chrome as a browser object (Sys.Browser("chrome")):

But after I try another one of my projects under a different project suit, it can't seem to detect it as a Browser: 

This problem persists when I write subroutines in the scripts under this project (I'm using VBScript for both projects). Even if I record a test using TestComplete and it generates a subroutine using the browser object, it can't run the subroutine later on.

Even if I open a new project under the project suite that's currently holding the problematic project, I can access the browser object. I can't seem to figure out what's different with this particular project that's stopping it from accessing the browser object. Could anyone give some possible reasons for this happening?

3 Replies

abidnaziri
      New Contributor

Thanks for replying, I was waiting for someone to hopefully be able to shed some light on this. Any updates on that?

abidnaziri
        New Contributor

Hello, did anyone get a chance to look at this? It would be really helpful if someone could give me some pointers regarding this issue.