Forum Discussion

Nformation
Contributor
10 years ago

Can only see objects in IE, not Chrome or Firefox

Hi, my end goal is to actually use Chrome for mobile web testing, but in trying to set that up I discovered that TC can't see objects on the webpage in Chrome. I upgraded to TS 10.30 today and I made sure to check the boxes for Desktop and Web modules. In my project properties, there is a Web Testing folder and I've confirmed the required plug-ins via the Install Extensions screen as described in this article.

Screenshot

Regarding Firefox, the object spy doesn't even see the general window, much less web content.  I find that to be particularly peculiar, but mobile web testing is my goal, so this doesn't matter so much to me.

Internet Explorer seems to work, simple as that. I didn't do anything special for it.

I've reinstalled Chrome and am not sure what to look at next. Any advice?

Btw, I do have the Chrome extension installed for the current TS version.

Chrome version: 35.0.19.16.153 m 

Firefox: 30.0

IE: 11.0.9600.17126

TestComplete: 10.30.1145.7

9 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mano,

Judging by the TestComplete 10.20 documentation, only Chrome 34 is officially supported by this product version.

Can you update to TestComplete 10.30?

mmanian135
    New Contributor
    I am also having the same issues with Chrome. I am using TC 10.20.953 and Chrome 35. I have tried almost everything suggested from your site. In my case, Chrome is launched, it navigates to the URL but does not recognize any objects in the page. Any help is much appreciated. Not having any issues with IE 9, Firefox 30 or Safari.
  • Sorry, I've been out of the office for a week.

I've installed the Firefox patch and Testcomplete can now recognize browser elements.

Chrome is still not working. I've read through the suggested documentation and everything seems to be in order, but TestComplete cannot see page elements. I'm not sure what else to try. The extension is installed and enabled, javascript is enabled, and the TC client seems to be configured correctly. Any more ideas?
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

That's very strange. Can you update Chrome to v. 36 (if it hasn't been updated)? TestComplete 10.30 works fine with this browser version without any patches. 

I would suggest that you uninstall Chrome 35, remove the installation folder (and clear the temp files) and install Chrome 36.

Does this help?

• Hi all,

unfortunately I am facing the same issue. I do not have any problems with objects identification in IE but object identification in Chrome is not working properly. When I use object spy then I see element on places which are not corresponding with actual location. I am using TC 10.30 and Chrome 36. I have tried all suggested solution but unsuccessfully. Any ideas?