Ask a Question

CHROMIUM EMBEDDED CONTENT

ThomasCasserly
Contributor

CHROMIUM EMBEDDED CONTENT

Hi all, 

I am getting a pop up message while running Testcomplete with Google Chrome re Chromium embedded Framework. Message informs that embedded content can be accessed by running the application from the Tested application project item in Testcomplete.

Just wondering what this is, how do I access it?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
tristaanogre
Community Hero

Re: CHROMIUM EMBEDDED CONTENT

So... question:  Is the application you're testing a web based application or a desktop application? Along with that, do you have the Web and/or the Desktop modules for TestComplete licensed?  Check the following link for more information.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/desktop/cef/about.html

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
Marsha_R
Community Hero

and by the way your caps lock seems to be stuck 😉

Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame
ThomasCasserly
Contributor

Hi I'm testing a web based applicaiton and only have the web module installed, no desktop testing module. Haven't checked out the link yet but will do so.

Thanks

ThomasCasserly
Contributor

Nope, I'm just a SHOUTER!!!! Smiley Tongue

tristaanogre
Community Hero

It's odd that you're being prompted on CEF when you're running a web application.

Do you have the Chrome extension for TestComplete installed and updated?

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome.ht...

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
ThomasCasserly
Contributor

The extension is installed, I can see the icon in the toolbar. As to whether it is updated or not I will have to check.

tristaanogre
Community Hero

Ok... so... where are you getting that dialog from your OP?  When you're executing?  Or are you doing something else?  A bit more context as to what's generating the dialog would be helpful.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
----

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
ThomasCasserly
Contributor

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure where the dialog is coming from, I haven't really been paying attention to assessing that when in appears.

What is OP short for? Operating system?

When the dialog has appeared it looks like it has been generated by the browser, as the browser window is on top, with test complete minimised.

tristaanogre
Community Hero

OP  = Original Post.

If you're testing a web based application in the Chrome browser, as far as I know, you shouldn't be getting that dialog, especially if you are licensed for Web Application testing.

Double check a) your licensing and b) go to File | Install Extensions and make sure that the Web plugin is turned on.

Robert Martin
[Hall of Fame]
----

Vegas Thrill Rider
Extensions available
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: