Forum Discussion

makh_dv
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

AxEventControl and EventControl COMs not recognized under x64.

I am using Win7 x64, trying to launch sample Events for Connected application with TestComplete 7.52 (.Net fix is applied).

I have following problems:

The references is not recognized and it seems controls are not registered.

For now I am not sure which one I should try to register manually: x64 or usual?

x64 doesn't have tlb file.

I want to listen events in my C# tests. My real project is under MS VS 2008, and project forced to use x86 CPU.

What I should do to resolve this problem?

2 Replies

• Hello Dmytro,

I have tried running the Events sample project on a Windows 7 64-bit machine, and it works as expected. Can you describe the exact steps to reproduce the problem? Please record your actions using a screen recorder, so we can clearly see all actions leading to the problem. You can use Jing (http://www.jingproject.com/) which is a free screen capture tool. You can send information to us via the Contact Support Form.
    makh_dv
    Occasional Contributor
    David,

I have found what I did probably not correct.

I had setting "Unregister the type library when the project is closed"==true and I never tried this VS solution when TestComplete was executed.

As a result I couldn't compile project and it didn't try to launch TestComplete, which will register component for a short period of time.

I have broken this chain when I removed checkbox and hold TestComplete launched during compilation.

Thanks for help and sorry for inconvenience.