Forum Discussion

lachapan
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Admitted newbie - is there a way I can see everywhere an object is referenced or reused?

I admit I'm new to TC.

Been digging into the docs...

Is there a way I can easily see all the instances where a reusable object such as a code function is used? For example - if I use a function in 27 places, is there a way I can click on that object and see all 27 consumers of that function in a list?

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Welcome!

Unfortunately, no. You can click on a function name and go back to where it is declared, but there currently isn't a way to see where all a function is being used beyond a text search and "Find All".  That SHOULD find all instances of a particular text string which should give you sort of what you want.  But it's not exactly the case because, especially when working with objects, an object instance may have a different name than the original constructor so you may have an object referenced somewhere that was passed in as an instance and not constructed.

Keep in mind you're working with interpretted code, not compiled code, so everything is built, compiled, instantiated at runtime so some of these kinds of stats aren't easily available.